• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DiSpy
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

Setting Up Subscriptions - Question...

Hi,

I'm trying to setup the subscriptions system on my dev site before going "live" with the new forum (i'm converting from phpBB to vB).

I love the idea that I can set it up so that users can subscribe to my site either by a "monthly" or "yearly" rate, and that I can set this to "one-time" or "recurring". However, according to the manual I have to set a specific amount for each type, but I would rather allow people to pay as much as they want (with say a $1 minimum for a monthly account, or whatever).

In otehr words, If I was to setup a subscription that is for "1 month" and "one-time" payment, I want them to be able to pay any amount they want for that month. (ie: enter an amount into a form)

As it is right now I can setup like 50 options where they can donate $1, $2, $3, $4, etc etc and choose one from a dropdown, but that is a crappy way to do it.

Plus then what about the "1 year" and/or "recurring" ones. That's like 50 X 4 (200) payment options i'd have to setup, and have people choose from on the subscriptions page. I don't like that... there's got to be an easier way... anyone??

THANK YOU!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No sorry. There is no way to do that. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DiSpy
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

What about this... can I create a page that would have the different types in different dropdown boxes and use variables or something to pull the data out of the plans I setup in the admin CP. Then when a user selects an amount from the approriate dropdown box they are taken to the page they would normally see that's built into the subscription system to pay?

Basically, I want to make my own, nice looking, frontend to this and want to know if there's built-in variables I can use? (or some way of grabbing the right info from the regular subscriptions page)

...oh, and thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

That would require code modifications.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DiSpy
          • Mar 2007
          • 3.6.x

I see... thank you for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...