• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DangerMouse
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.0.0 'Gold'

How to sort threads according to 1st post time

Hi

How can I sort my forums so that all posts in threads are sorted according to first post first and so on..

i.e. currently the posts show as last post first and so on

also is there a way to freeze the first post so that it shows on all pages (i.e. instead of having to refer back to page 1?)

thanks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

1. Look for the Thread Display settings in vBulletin Options. This sets the default view mode for new
    members:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Thread Display Mode -> Linear - Oldest First

To reset options for existing users:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> Posts - Oldest First

Then click on 'Continue'.

And finally to do this just for yourself:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Thead Display Mode -> Linear - Oldest First

2. No sorry. There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DangerMouse
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Hi

I tried to excecute SQL query but a message popped up saying I was not authorized to excute SQL queries.

please advise

thanks

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
        // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
        // See the above entries for more information on the format.
        // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
        // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
        $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...