X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jw0ollard
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.7.x

Days offset by one day

This is not a question about vBa or the mod itself, so please continue reading.

I installed a module for vBa that grabs calendar events, and they are all offset by -1 day.

This does not happen with anybody else who's installed it, including the module creator himself, who tried to help me out but nothing worked.

So I've narrowed it down to an actual vBulletin problem. It's either:

A) All the people who told me the dates reported normally had vB 3.6.5 installed, and something has changed between 3.6.4 and 3.6.5 (I just haven't gotten around to installing 3.6.5 yet)

or B) I have some obscure setting set oddly that is offsetting everything by one day.

So.. my question is there a) anything that's changed since 3.6.4 that could cause this, or b) any possible setting that would mess with dates (I sure can't think of any)

Thank you so much.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

I think you already know this, but since this is a vBa related question, you may not get an answer here. Have you already tried posting over at http://vbulletin.org concerning this problem?

Also, your times on your actual vBulletin board are correct, right?

Comment

• jw0ollard
      • Jan 2007
      • 3.7.x

This isn't a vBa related question... I want to know if there's any way that I have something wrong in my vBulletin options that may be causing this.

I've posted over at vBadvanced, I've PMed with the developer of the module, but no, I haven't posted at vB.org yet. I have another unanswered PHP question over there.. so I doubt I'm likely to get any help with this one.

But anyway, yes. All my dates are fine. However, the dev told me that he gets the time from his server for the module. I ran some PHP code and found out that my server is an hour behind me, so that can't possibly explain for the day offset.

I'll just try it on a fresh install... If it still doesn't work then that probably means that something is wrong with my server, whether it be something misconfigured or maybe the developer coded for a newer PHP version that my server doesn't support.

I guess my last resort will be vB.org then.. I never get an answer to anything there though.

Edit: Could I possibly have something corrupt in my database??

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by jw0ollard
        I installed a module for vBa that grabs calendar events, and they are all offset by -1 day.
        Originally posted by jw0ollard
        This isn't a vBa related question...
        Of course it's a vBA related question.

We have no idea how their modification works so the people to ask about this are the people who wrote it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jw0ollard
          • Jan 2007
          • 3.7.x

I wish people would actually read my posts... It's not a freaking vBa question.

Answer these, please:
          So.. my question is there a) anything that's changed since 3.6.4 that could cause this, or b) any possible setting that would mess with dates (I sure can't think of any)
          Could I possibly have something corrupt in my database??
          Those aren't vBa questions.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Yes, I read your posts. If you want I can stop doing that entirely.

If there is database 'corruption' then you would have database errors. You don't have errors, hence there does not appear to be any corruption.

And if something changed in 3.6.4, then vBAdvanced you need to updtae their scripts to take this into account.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jw0ollard
              • Jan 2007
              • 3.7.x

Well, when 2 other people have the same vBa version and the same exact code for the module, and don't have the problem I do... that kind of rules out the code and vBa. So that leaves vBulletin?

I'll just test it out on a fresh install of both vB and vBa.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

A problem with a vBAdvanced function is NOT a problem with vB. Sorry you disagree but them's the facts.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jw0ollard
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 3.7.x

So guess what, hot shot..
                  I created a test forum, brand new. New database, new install of vBa, everything. Installed the module that was reporting the dates wrong and lo and behold, it was showing the correct dates.

So I get rid of that test forum. I copied and backed up my database to a new database, uploaded all original vB files to the new test directory, ran the install, new install of vBa, and guess what? The dates are incorrect in the module.

So, like I said, it's a problem with my database, and if you won't help me then please by all means refer me to a vBulletin employee who will.

And please, god, don't tell me it's vBa's fault again. I've spoken with the developer and there is absolutely nothing in vBa's settings, files, or otherwise that could affect the module's PHP code grabbing time data from my database. Not to mention I have a brand new install of vBa on a duplicate of my forums, and the date is still wrong.. that leaves only one product.
                  If it helps, it uses
                  Code:
                  "SELECT eventid, title, dateline_from from " . TABLE_PREFIX . "event WHERE calendarid='$calendarid' $and order by dateline_from ASC LIMIT $limit_offset,$per_page"
                  Last edited by jw0ollard; Thu 22 Mar '07, 9:14am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

'Hot shot', eh? Hmmm....

Okay then. Obviously you are a lot smarter than me and this is obviously a vB error. Feel free to post this in the Bug Tracker and see what happens. Good luck with that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jw0ollard
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 3.7.x

Just because you have 100K+ posts doesn't make you right.

Seriously tell me what could possibly be to blame with this set up:

vB 3.6.5 NEW database + NEW vBa install = Correct date
                      vB 3.6.5 OLD database + NEW vBa install = Wrong date
                      Last edited by jw0ollard; Thu 22 Mar '07, 9:23am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Your database... It really is the only variable isn't it?

Are both forums installed on the same server?
                        Same versions of PHP and MySQL?
                        Same webserver?
                        Same Operationg system?

When you view the default vBulletin calendar is it correct?
                        What happens when you drop to the command line of your server and type date and hit enter? Is that correct?
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jw0ollard
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Your database... It really is the only variable isn't it?

Are both forums installed on the same server?
                          Same versions of PHP and MySQL?
                          Same webserver?
                          Same Operationg system?

When you view the default vBulletin calendar is it correct?
                          What happens when you drop to the command line of your server and type date and hit enter? Is that correct?
                          1. yes
                          2. yes
                          3. yes
                          4. yes
                          5. yes
                          6. I've run a PHP file to tell me my server time and it's only an hour behind my time.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

If the vBulletin calendar is correct, then its functions report the valid data. We can't support an addon module because we don't maintain or write the code. It has always been this way.

If your new install on the same server works and the old one doesn't then you will need to compare the two to see what is different. It is really the only advice I can give. If vBulletin's dates were off by one then we can look into it further but as you said, the default calendar works properly.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jw0ollard
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 3.7.x

OK. Thank you for actually taking the time to troubleshoot with me, instead of denying me help straight away.

The only difference between the two are general vbulletin settings and styling/template changes. I've viewed the calendar module on the default unmodified style and it still displays the wrong date. So that would just leave options. I've asked in another thread how to clear all these options back to default, so we'll see.

Thank you, Wayne.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...