X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wtrk
    • May 2005
    • 3.7.x

why are guest still viewing my site?

unregistered, copa, guest, if your not registered you see nothing, yet i have 100s of guest online and when i check the online.php it shows some of them viewing threads! how is that possible?!

i click on the ip and they arent googlebots or yahoo slups, its real people from like rr.com and comcast.net.
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

When you're viewing the Who Is Online area, is there a red 'STOP' icon next to the action that they are performing?

Comment

• wtrk
      • May 2005
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Cary
      When you're viewing the Who Is Online area, is there a red 'STOP' icon next to the action that they are performing?
      only on some of them, id say 50% have the stop sign. how can they even see the titles of the threads or forums to get the stop sign? they should get a login form from the begining, there is no preview of the forum before you register.

Comment

• wtrk
        • May 2005
        • 3.7.x

so.. are you not going to answer my question? why are people able to view anything, even the titles of threads SHOULD NOT BE VISABLE if the usergroup settings are ALL OFF, yet they still can..

Comment

• Cary
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.6.x

If you see the stop sign next to their name, they aren't allowed to see the thread. More than likely they followed a link to the page or something off of a search engine.

Did you just recently turn on the features to block the guests?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...