Making users have 20 posts before signature permitted

Hi - can someone help me figure out how to set it so that:
    Users must have 20 posts before signature permitted

Thanks,
    Allen
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

In order to do this, you'll need to use the Promotions features in vBulletin.

First, go to Admin CP --> Usergroups --> Usergroup manager
    Disable signature in your original usergroup... (change 'Can Use Signatures' to 'No')

Then you'll need to create an identical usergroup that can use signatures. After you do that, go to Admin CP --> Usergroups --> Promotions and add a new promotion.

Make sure your 'Usergroup' is set to the one that disallows signatures
    Set 'Posts' to: 20
    And, finally, set 'Promotion Strategy' to: Posts.

I hope this makes sense!

Comment

• allen074
      • Feb 2005

tahnk you - should the name of the identical group be the same?

i tried this and then i have "Registered" twice

thanks!

so is the idea of this that someone starts in the normal group - then once they get 20 posts, they get moved to the new group?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

No, make each usergroup name unique, and yes the idea is to start a group with fewer permissions then promote users with the required post count to a group with greater permissions.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• allen074
          • Feb 2005

steve - you have 100,000 posts - that is just amazing.

Thank you!

Comment

• john24
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Cary
            In order to do this, you'll need to use the Promotions features in vBulletin.

First, go to Admin CP --> Usergroups --> Usergroup manager
            Disable signature in your original usergroup... (change 'Can Use Signatures' to 'No')

Then you'll need to create an identical usergroup that can use signatures. After you do that, go to Admin CP --> Usergroups --> Promotions and add a new promotion.

Make sure your 'Usergroup' is set to the one that disallows signatures
            Set 'Posts' to: 20
            And, finally, set 'Promotion Strategy' to: Posts.

I hope this makes sense!
            After you select the promotion type to: posts do you also then have to change the "promotion type: primary usergroup or additional usergroups

Once you select one of them do you then have to finally "select usergroup to move user to: where you then have to select the usergroup with the signature?

So do you do the other 2 things that I have said or do you just leave them out and the vbulletin will already know to move the user to the signature usergroup?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...