X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AshAbed
    • Nov 2003

Forum hacked!

Hello,

A vB3.6.3 board I have admin access at has been hacked.

Many of the pages in the adminCP read: "Hacked By Deli Hacker /Lan sikimin kafasý Mesut ben sseni öle yda böle sikerim dedim mi demedin mi geleceksin elimi öpeceksin !!! Seve Seve Deðil Sike sike... Saboooooooooo Ver Çoskuyu !!!"

What step should be taken now? A recent backup of the site isn't available, I can upgrade the board but I don't know if it needs to be repaired first or what exactly.. let me know as soon as possible please.
  • Adrienne
    • Dec 2006

I am a just a mod with AdminCP access, not an vBulletin expert, but maybe this can help you for now. The first thing I would do is block the hacker's IP's as soon as possible to keep them out. A Google search of this hacker showed hacked sites where a domain name was left in the email address, so I looked up a dns report on that:

This shows the IP listed as being in Texas, but a .tr suffix indicates it is a Turkish IP.

Then I would do a search of all users and try to find any matches of IPs or email addresses to the ones in the reports, and ban them. Also don't allow any new registrations till you check them out. You have to secure the perimeter, so to speak.
    This saved us when we had a severe spam attack last year. Good luck!

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Hopefully the hacker did not remove any data. Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• legar
        • Mar 2006

was this one of the ip's ?
        because that was the ip that tried the hacking attempt with my forum yesterday

after talking to the p3tz developers, they were trying to bruteforce the admin password through an old vulnerability in the petz system (wich i had patched before, so they were not succesfull)

hope you get your forum up and running

Comment

• bboy
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by legar
          was this one of the ip's ?
          because that was the ip that tried the hacking attempt with my forum yesterday

after talking to the p3tz developers, they were trying to bruteforce the admin password through an old vulnerability in the petz system (wich i had patched before, so they were not succesfull)

hope you get your forum up and running
          How can you tell in the server logs when someone is trying to hack into your admin account?

Comment

• legar
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bboy
            How can you tell in the server logs when someone is trying to hack into your admin account?
            Because they were doing it via the forum and an addon, it generated a lot of mysql errors when the brute-force script tried it. (only for the script, not for other users)

Comment

• WurkAnimal
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.5.x

Sorry to hear about the problems

Comment

• Demaree
                • Jan 2007

"Hacked by Saudi Spy"???

Hey all,

I got up this morning to this message on our forum.

http://tinyurl.com/2lbzbv

Just to fill you in a little, at the end of Feb we moved servers and have had problems with the DNS addressing since then with several of our members still being redirected to the old site. That site has a message up saying it is down for the move, with a time of 8:30am on it, in red.

That leads me to believe that this supposed hacker was in the old site.

How can I find out whether it was on our new site or not? I can't seem to find any logs to indicate activity of this nature.

Thanks heaps for your help.
                Last edited by Demaree; Tue 11 Sep '07, 1:41pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...