X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frozt
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.6.x

Automatic user group change

I'd like to somehow automatically move any users deemed inactive (defined by the setting in ACP -> vB options -> home page options) to a special user group. When a user in that group logs in I want their group to change back to registered users. Is this possible?

Also related is that I want any users that have been inactive a longer period of time (inactive setting * 2) to be transferred to yet another user group and also be sent an e-mail reminding them about the forum. I'd like to have any user with a post count of 0 in this group deleted if they don't log in for another week or so.

Is all this possible without installing any hacks? Can it be done using cron jobs and if so, how?
    You already made up your mind!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No sorry. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...