X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eternal_
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

CMPS for VBulletin

I just bought vBulletin last night and I want to add the CMPS from the vbadvanced site.....

So I just downloaded the CMPS from vbadvanced.com - But there is no documentation anywhere on the site telling me how to upload it and use it with my vbulletin.

Could anyone fill me in on how to do this please?
  • n3v3rl4nd
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.6.x

no you have to ask on the vbadvanced website, and besides there are a lot of help files that come with it. it tells you completely how to set up everything, and what files to upload.

they wont help you here.

Comment

• Eternal_
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

Thank you. I haven't got any help from vbadvanced.com though. 12 people have viewed but not one response.

I'll have to look at it tomorrow. Thanks again for responding.

Comment

• n3v3rl4nd
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.6.x

I don't think you should use that program anyway. And you most likely wont get much help from them either (at least not on the weekends). Brian is pretty lazy when it comes to providing help. It took me 2 weeks before someone responded to my thread.

Besides the only thing that is good for is creating a home page. Its useless for anything else. It looks cool at first, but then you get tired of it. I'd rather have something more unique.

You will find the hard way that as soon as you start adding this stuff to vB you will not have a good expierence with it and you will have a hard time getting support here as well. If anything goes wrong they will make you uninstall all of your add-ons and re-upolad all of your original vb files before they will be able to tell you what the problem is. Just read the threads around here you will see that suggestion about 10 million times by the staff.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

We do NOT make you uninstall all of your hacks, we ask you to disable them so we can see if its a problem with the default code, or your newly added code. How can you expect us to provide support for code we didnt write? If we would spend 10 times the ammount of time providing support for one person if we support these modifications.

Comment

• R1lover
            • Apr 2006
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by n3v3rl4nd
            I don't think you should use that program anyway. And you most likely wont get much help from them either (at least not on the weekends). Brian is pretty lazy when it comes to providing help. It took me 2 weeks before someone responded to my thread.

Besides the only thing that is good for is creating a home page. Its useless for anything else. It looks cool at first, but then you get tired of it. I'd rather have something more unique.

You will find the hard way that as soon as you start adding this stuff to vB you will not have a good expierence with it and you will have a hard time getting support here as well. If anything goes wrong they will make you uninstall all of your add-ons and re-upolad all of your original vb files before they will be able to tell you what the problem is. Just read the threads around here you will see that suggestion about 10 million times by the staff.

I disagree with your comments. all of them...

I have several sites I use this portal on and it works great. The only time you have issues are when the admins mess something up playing with it. If it's setup properly then it works great.

If you need some help I can give you a hand. Just send me an e-mail. [email protected]

Rhett
            www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• n3v3rl4nd
              • Nov 2006
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
              We do NOT make you uninstall all of your hacks...
              Sure you do. That's why I have been asked several times to re-upload all of my vB files and having to start everything over from scratch. Anytime you ask for support 99 times out of 100 the first reply is re-uploading this or that, or shutting this or that off.

I have been told several times not to install some add-ons. I tried to get support when I had CMPS installed and was asked to uninstall it, you can review my support ticket if you'd like. I tried to get support from vbadvanced website and their support sucks, and Brian was extremely rude because I was asking for help on a sunday.

I'm not saying the support here is bad. Its very good at this website, but as soon as you start installing all this junk onto your forum you won't get much for support unless you uninstall/disable/re-upload everything.

Not to mention that you will never be able to upgrade your forum to a new version unless you completely lose all of your modifications. This is why some vB websites are still running version 2.0. Because they installed all these add-ons and now it would be too complicated to upgrade the forum.

Do what you want but you will wish you listened to me later, when you need support, or want to download a new version of the forum. I learned the hard way.

Originally posted by R1lover
              If you need some help I can give you a hand. Just send me an e-mail. [email protected]
              SPAM

Comment

• R1lover
                • Apr 2006
                • 3.8.x

Sure you do. That's why I have been asked several times to re-upload all of my vB files and having to start everything over from scratch. Anytime you ask for support 99 times out of 100 the first reply is re-uploading this or that, or shutting this or that off.

I have been told several times not to install some add-ons. I tried to get support when I had CMPS installed and was asked to uninstall it, you can review my support ticket if you'd like. I tried to get support from vbadvanced website and their support sucks, and Brian was extremely rude because I was asking for help on a sunday.

I'm not saying the support here is bad. Its very good at this website, but as soon as you start installing all this junk onto your forum you won't get much for support unless you uninstall/disable/re-upload everything.

Not to mention that you will never be able to upgrade your forum to a new version unless you completely lose all of your modifications. This is why some vB websites are still running version 2.0. Because they installed all these add-ons and now it would be too complicated to upgrade the forum.

Do what you want but you will wish you listened to me later, when you need support, or want to download a new version of the forum. I learned the hard way.

SPAM
                You sir are an arse.......... lol I was offering to help you for free. and you act like that...

As for doing modifications and loosing them? If the modifications are done correctly then you don't loose anything... maybe a small edit here and there, but nothing that can't be fixed in 10 minutes.

You must have no clue on what you are doing.

And loose the attitude, when someone offers to help you it doesn't mean they are wanting something in return. I do this for fun, not to make money - I have a real job for that.
                www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

• bmc
                  • Apr 2005

SPAM
                  That was an unnecessary and rude comment to direct at someone who's offering to assist you free-of-charge.
                  The Relationship Forum
                  The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Reuplodaing the default vBulletin files will only undo file based changes, which for the most part not done anymore. Uploading the default vB files, does not make any changes to the database.

As far as mods support goes, try writing code, and supporting everyone for free, in your free time

Comment

• vBadvanced
                      • Oct 2001

I'll ignore the lazy comment for the most part. It's almost kinda funny.

Do you have another account on vBadvanced.com? From what I'm seeing, you had an answer to your questions less than 24 hours after you posted them.

You've also never submitted a support ticket under the name 'n3v3rl4nd', so I assume you must have another forum account there. Would you mind letting me know what the username is for it?
                      Spread Peace,
                      Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

• Eternal_
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 3.6.x

Ok now I'm worried. I got it set up finally, but after reading the posts here I'm wondering if it's a good or bad Idea? What if I want to upgrade in the future - will having CMPS be a major problem for me?

What is the benefit of upgrading - is it going to make much of a difference for my forum if I just keep vb 3. 6. 5 or what?

Comment

• vBadvanced
                          • Oct 2001

Having the CMPS installed will not affect your ability to upgrade vBulletin. During most vB updates, upgrading vB will not affect your CMPS either. When vBulletin goes through some of the bigger releases (3.0 => 3.5 or 3.5 => 3.6 for example) then we may have to release an updated version of the CMPS to account for changes with vBulletin. That still would not affect vBulletin though, just possibly the CMPS. We've always had updated versions of our products out by or before the time the new vB version hits RC status as well. Usually upgrading is just a matter of upgrading vB, then a simple upgrade process with the CMPS right afterwards. It's never a problem for most people.
                          Spread Peace,
                          Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment

• R1lover
                            • Apr 2006
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Eternal_
                            Ok now I'm worried. I got it set up finally, but after reading the posts here I'm wondering if it's a good or bad Idea? What if I want to upgrade in the future - will having CMPS be a major problem for me?

What is the benefit of upgrading - is it going to make much of a difference for my forum if I just keep vb 3. 6. 5 or what?
                            Don't be afraid of what one or two people think. It's clearly a very well received add-on to VB.

Comment

• n3v3rl4nd
                              • Nov 2006
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by bmc
                              That was an unnecessary and rude comment to direct at someone who's offering to assist you free-of-charge.
                              Why would someone be offering me help? I'm not even the thread starter... I'm a freaking engineer I think I don't need help from some kids that play on this website.

You need to learn so you know who the thread starter is, they are the ones that need the assistance. This is how a forum works. The person to create the thread needs the help.

LOL. reguardless. I got better things to do. I won't be visiting this thread again.

Go ahread and install, anything you want. You will only wish you listened later. If it was an easy upgrade then there would not be websites still running version 2.0 of vB because they can't upgrade, they've made too many hacks on the forum.
                              Last edited by Zachery; Sun 4 Mar '07, 4:52pm. Reason: no need for swearing and trying to bypass the censor filter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...