Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TWTCommish
    • Jul 2000

Excluding file from Who's Online

I use a custom hack that uses an iframe on showthread, which means that when someone views a thread their location on the Who's Online page is displayed as being within that frame. With vB 3.0.x, I was able to modify the global.php file, I believe, to exclude that page from any global call to update the user's last activity/location, but I've been unable to find the corresponding query in global.php (or other files) since upgrading to 3.6.4. Can anyone point me in the right direction? What part of the global script updates the user's most recent location?
    Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I don't know where that call is off hand. For help with custom code you should post on www.vbulletin.org. You will have better luck there.

Comment

• TWTCommish
      • Jul 2000

Unfortunately, I tried that, and did not have better luck. No one responded. I posted here as a last resort.

I'm actually rather shocked that I couldn't find it. I can't imagine where else it could be, or why it would be so apparently buried. I assume the answer is simple, but no one who knows is bothering to answer, it seems.

Comment

• Andy Huang
        • Feb 2004

You'd need to do custom code edits on includes/functions_online.php; as to how you'd come about doing that, you're on your own or vBulletin.org :P
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

• TWTCommish
          • Jul 2000

But wouldn't editing functions_online.php only allow me not to display the URL of the iFrame? I may be missing something, but I don't see how it would allow me to display the thread instead, given that the user table only stores, as far as I can tell, the last location.

Unless I've missed something very significant, the only way to achieve what I'm talking about is to stop the user table from being updated in the first place, which would be quite simple if only I could find the query that updates it.

Comment

• Andy Huang
            • Feb 2004

You said to exclude
            I don't know how your thing is set up, so you're on your own there; but you can most certainly add something to exclude the url of the iFrame, and make it not appear on WOL.

Alternatively, you can consider doing lots of random hacking to parse the URL of the iFrame and get the resulting information from there... might be SQL intensive though...
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

• TWTCommish
              • Jul 2000

Well, yes. Exclude it from the update query.

My board is setup rather straightforward: I simply have an iFrame in the postbit template, which means the URL of the last iFrame shows up instead of the thread that post is on. I expect, as you say, that there's something I can add to the iFrame to not make it appear, but doing that ultimately requires that I find the query in question.

Also, I did consider parsing things out, but as you say, it'd be too intensive. And frankly, I stubbornly refuse to believe that there isn't an elegant solution for this, seeing as how I managed to do this easily enough in the last version. I find it hard to believe that no one knows the answer to this. It seems it would be simple to anyone with a greater understanding of the product than I have at the moment.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...