X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christie
    • Oct 2004

PM to Wrong User

Hi,

One of my members sent a private message to the wrong user, it was quite a personal message and I have tried to find a way of deleting it.

Other than deleting all the pm's for the recipient, is there any other way of deleting this one message.

I'm sure in vb 2 series you could delete pm's sent and unread. Why was this feature dropped? it is extremely useful as this case illustrates, but also message sent and not picked up till much later have often lost their relevance.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

There is no function to do this with vBulletin. You would need to remove the row from the pm table with a tool like phpMyAdmin.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Christie
      • Oct 2004

If I use phpMyAdmin and find the actual pm text and delete it, will that remove all copies or just the senders copy?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

If you would only remove the PM from the pmtext table, it will still show as a PM in the usercp, but it will have no text anymore.

You will need to remove the row for the receiver from the pm table.
        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Christie
          • Oct 2004

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...