After Upgrade to php 5.2: Call to a member function unlock_tables() on a non-object

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firewire
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

After Upgrade to php 5.2: Call to a member function unlock_tables() on a non-object

Hi everybody,

after upgrading to php 5.2 from 4.4 (Debian stable, dotdeb package), I am experiencing a problem I previously did not have:

[Wed Feb 14 07:08:45 2007] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function unlock_tables() on a non-object in /var/www/dvdboard/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4998

There are some of these errors (every some minutes, not in a specific interval), but not in huge numbers. It is always the call in functions.php.
    To my knowledge there is no lack of functionality in my web page, but on the other hand, these errors occur only from time to time (and I have some dozens of requests per second). Anyway, I'd like this fixed.

I checked my mysql-user having table-locking priviledges. My vBulletin files are all version 3.6.4, I am positive on that, too.

Any more ideas on this?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by firewire; Tue 13 Feb '07, 9:32pm. Reason: typos
  • firewire
    • May 2000
    • 3.6.x

I have to correct myself: vBulletin is innocent in this matter.

If you experience a similar problem, check for non-vBulletin pages (portals, custom pages) using vB functions, e.g. the header system. These caused the error in my case.

Comment

• kau
      • Jul 2002

How did you fix the problem?
      Group Builder

Comment