Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshill
    • Feb 2007

Subscriptions expire, but user still active. Help plz

on my board, when a user creates an account they become a member of the grou ''registered users"
    when they subscribe to a paid subscription (paypal) they become a member of a created group 'subscribed users'

the subscribed users group has greater permissions than registered users

the problem is that once the subscription period expires, and is not renewed, users are not demoted and still remain in their elevated group.

what am i doing wrong? i just want users to be required to pay a subscription, and be demoted when their period has ended.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This means that you have made a modification somewhere that has broken scheduled tasks, or you have no activity on your forums.

Scheduled Tasks are triggered by code in the footer template, so if you have modified this template or added code to other templates it may interfere with the running of the tasks. Also if there is no activity on your forums, the task won't run.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• marshill
      • Feb 2007

ahh that was it. TY!

Comment

• jamoss
        • Apr 2002

Are the users are automatically put back in their original group? Or into registered users? Thx.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

They go back into their original usergroup.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jamoss
            • Apr 2002

But what if they were already a subscriber (didn't let it lapse) and renewed? Then their old usergroup will be the same as the subscribers' usergroup.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

No, it will still keep a record of the usergroup they were in before the subscription.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jamoss
                • Apr 2002

Where does it keep it? I ask because I transferred the subscription data from another board software and I want to make sure all of that exists.

(Invision Power Board)

Thanks,
                Jennifer

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

I don't believe subscription info is imprted by Impex. You failed to mention that this was from an import.

My answers are based on the standard vB subscriptions, and this data - as all data - is kept in the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• jamoss
                    • Apr 2002

Correct, I created the import script myself. My question is -- what table.field stores the original subscribers' group so I make sure they return to it when they are expired?

Thanks,
                    Jennifer

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

It's stored in the pusergroupid field in the subscriptionlog table.

For further help with custom scripting, please ask over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...