X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doli
    • Mar 2006

Adding a lot of smilies

Hello,
    I have a set of about 500 smilies and would like to remove all add them to my forum. What is the quickest way to doing it?

I have them already in my images/smilies/ .
    I thought that maybe I could run some INSERT sql script which will update db with new smilies. Tried it on one smilie doing something like this:

INSERT INTO `smilie` (`smilieid`, `title`, `smilietext`, `smiliepath`, `imagecategoryid`, `displayorder`, `importsmilieid`) VALUES (NULL, 'soldiers', ':soldiers:', 'images/smilies/soldiers.gif', '1', '1', '0');

But it doesn't work

Any idea why?

cheers,
    Marcin
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

To add multiple smilies to your forum, you can use the mass add smilies tool in the AdminCP. Go to

AdminCP > Smilies > Add New Smilie

The bottom section of this page allows you to add smilies in bulk from a folder on your server. You can increase the number shown from 10 to any number for processing these.

Click Add Smilies, and it will add them using the file names as the replacement text eg smile.gif will have a smilie code of :smile:

You can change the replacements during the adding of the smilies by editing the replacement shown.

Comment