Conditional woes... expert advice needed please...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMusicMan
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.7.x

Conditional woes... expert advice needed please...

I have recently upgraded to 3.6 and am busy adding in the template mods I made previously. One of which was highlighting certain thread titles in a different colours if they were made in my staff forums.

Steve Machol helped and what he proposed worked perfectly for vB 3.5 - however, I have been playing with the code in vB3.6 and I can't get it to work.

The default code in the vB3.6 threadbit template is this:

Code:
                $thread[moderatedprefix]
                <a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$thread[threadid]$thread[highlight]" id="thread_title_$thread[realthreadid]"<if condition="$show['gotonewpost']"> style="font-weight:bold"</if>>$thread[threadtitle]</a>
    ... which makes an unread thread title show as bold.

I want to add a conditional in there somewhere that makes the thread title show in different colours - regardless of read or unread. So, if unread in forumID=72 the thread title shows in red and bold, and if read the thread title shows just red or if in forumID=62 the thread title shows in green and bold, and if read the thread title shows just green .

The conditional I think I should use to add style parameters to the code have a syntax of the following:
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['forumlink'] AND in_array($thread[forumid], array(62))">style="color: #ff0000"</if>
    <if condition="$show['forumlink'] AND in_array($thread[forumid], array(72))">style="color: #00ff00"</if>
    But I can't seem to add this code into the above code and get it to work. I get the different colours showing for threads in different forums, but then I lose the bold if they are unread!!

Any help?
    John
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Try this code:
    Code:
    $thread[moderatedprefix]       
    <a href="showthread.php?$session[sessionurl]t=$thread[threadid]$thread[highlight]" id="thread_title_$thread[realthreadid]"<if condition="$show['gotonewpost']"> style="font-weight:bold;
    <if condition="in_array($thread[forumid], array(62))">color: #ff0000;</if>
    <if condition="in_array($thread[forumid], array(72))">color: #00ff00;</if>
    "<else />
    <if condition="in_array($thread[forumid], array(62))">style="color: #ff0000;"</if>
    <if condition="in_array($thread[forumid], array(72))">style="color: #00ff00;"</if></if>>$thread[threadtitle]</a>
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• TheMusicMan
      • Oct 2002
      • 3.7.x

Wehey - thanks Colin... why are you not having a beer then
      John

Comment

• TheMusicMan
        • Oct 2002
        • 3.7.x

I wonder if anyone can advise me please if there is an equivalent code mod I could make for vB4.
        John

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
          I wonder if anyone can advise me please if there is an equivalent code mod I could make for vB4.
          The right place to ask that would be in the vB4 forums.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...