How to show a thread within an external html page?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imager
    • May 2006

How to show a thread within an external html page?

I'd like to show a thread at the end of a given html page. This page would be an article, say a news story, with the displayed thread being a discussion about content of the article.

How can this be done?

Other magazine sites have done this for some time. Here is an example:

http://news.com.com/Costly+gift+from...ml?tag=newsmap

See the TalkBack section towards the end of the page. Responses to the story are listed and you can click on a response to read it and add your own.

I'd like responses shown in my article to be part of a thread started on the forum. So I'd create the article, on the forum I'd start the thread to discuss the article then somehow paste some code into the article that displayed the thread I'd just created. The idea being that readers would be drawn from the article into the forum. Simply placing a link to the thread on the forum isn't particularly effective. I think showing thread posts will be much more of a draw.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The is no feed or other feature that can display thread content on an external page like that. Custom code is required (www.vbulletin.org).

An alternative is to modify the vBulletin templates to make the thread page act like your external page, but that will require extensive template modifications.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...