Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipscone
    • Jul 2002

vBulletin and MySQL 5.0

I have just been informed that my web host will be upgrading to MySQL 5.0 in January. They will be completely phasing out MySQL 4.x within 6 months.

Is vBulletin compatible with MySQL 5.x? Will a version be made for this?
  • jasonlitka
    • Mar 2006
    • 4.0.x

vBulletin 3.x works just fine with MySQL 5.0.x. I haven't tested vBulletin 2.x, nor have I tested anything with the MySQL 5.1.x betas.
    Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

vBulletin has not only supported MySQL 5 for about a year now but actually Recommends MySQL 5.

Comment

• ipscone
        • Jul 2002

So would be upgrading to MySQL 5, be as simple as dumping the structure and contents of the existing vBulletin database and then restoring it to the MySQL 5 database and making the appropriate database name and password changes in vBulletin? Or is it more involved than that?

Comment

• jasonlitka
          • Mar 2006
          • 4.0.x

That's pretty much it.
          Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by ipscone
            So would be upgrading to MySQL 5, be as simple as dumping the structure and contents of the existing vBulletin database and then restoring it to the MySQL 5 database and making the appropriate database name and password changes in vBulletin? Or is it more involved than that?
            It's less involved than that. They will upgrade MySQL on the server and your database will keep working.

Still it's always good to keep a backup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...