Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lange
    • Apr 2003

Locked a forum

I want locked a single forum so that the 'padlock' image is shown for guests. Is it possible ?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Set the appropriate forum permissions here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Then set this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> Show Lock Icons to Users -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lange
      • Apr 2003

I tryed it. It does'nt work.

I want to lock a single forum for guests. This forum must to be locked for guests and all others forums have to be open.

Comment

• slappy
        • Apr 2003

I responded in the other thread you highjacked.

Someone on vBulletin.org reported that if you set the Forum permissions for guests to "can view" but "can not post" that they will be able to read the Forum, but will see the "forum_locked" icon and can not Post.

I have tried this in my home test board and can confirm that you will get a "forum_locked" icon on any forum you have set the permissions for guests/unregistered to "Can View Posts" or "Can View Threads" to Yes and also set the Post/Thread Permissions to "No." They get the "Forum_Locked" icon because they can not post. Any OTHER usergroups who CAN post will not see the "forum_locked" icon on any forum in which they post.

Regards,
        Last edited by slappy; Thu 21 Dec '06, 5:27pm.
        Slappy

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by lange
          I tryed it. It does'nt work.

I want to lock a single forum for guests. This forum must to be locked for guests and all others forums have to be open.
          It will work if you do it right.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lange
            • Apr 2003

I submit a ticket.

Comment

• slappy
              • Apr 2003

As I posted in the other thread where you posted this same issue, I believe your mistake is setting "Forum is open= No."

DO NOT SET "FORUM IS OPEN" TO "NO." THAT SHOULD "LOCK" THE FORUM TO EVERYBODY! (Except maybe Admin types.)

The AdminCP says for this Option: "(Set this to 'No' to prevent any new posts being made in this forum) i.e., the Forum is "Locked."

JUST USE FORUM PERMISSIONS!!!

If you have 6 Forums on your Board and 5 of them are set so that Guest "can view" but "can not Post," then Guests will see a "forum_locked" icons on the 5 Forums where they "can not Post." On the 6th Forum, if Guests "Can post" and "can view" they will see NO "forum_locked" icon.

ALL OTHER USERGROUPS WHICH "CAN VIEW" AND "CAN POST" will see no forum_locked icons on any forum in which they can both "view" and "post" IF THE FORUM IS OPEN.

So if EVERYBODY "can view" ALL the forums and "ONLY" guests "can not post" in one particular forum, then ONLY guests will see the forum_locked icon and ONLY on the ONE forum where they "can not Post," IF ALL THE FORUMS ARE OPEN.

Works on my home test Board that way.

Regards,
              Slappy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...