Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kellym
    • Feb 2006

missing Reply button

A couple of my users are reporting mysterious cases where the Reply button is not showing. I have not experienced this myself, but promised them I'd investigate. I have quick reply turned off. From the PM I received below, it's not clear if they're referring to Private Messages or replying in a public forum. Anyway, here is one of the reports I received:
    The missing REPLY button reared its ugly head again this a.m. when I went to reply to this message. Instead of the blue REPLY button there was nothing. This was @ 6:30 a.m. EST. Came into the office @ 8:00 a.m. & ditto. Here it is 9:30a.m and voila, it's back. However, did not have any issues in other forums so I've pretty much ruled out my computer(s). Go figure.

Don't know if this will help, but it is an intermitant issue that does not seem to be tied to one computer, one time of day, or even a day of the week.

I am running vBulletin 3.6.3. Not sure how to troubleshoot the above problem, reported by one of my more experienced users who posts quite a bit.
    kelly's red beet factory, www.redbeet.com
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I think the reply button would not show up if you don't have permission to post. You might want to doublecheck permissions.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• kellym
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have any private forums and the user who reported the problem is one of my more active users (he posts a fair bit on my forum, and uses other vBulletin forums too).
      kelly's red beet factory, www.redbeet.com

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

In that case I recommend you reupload all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files. Also, disable Plugins globally in your vBulletin Options.

If that doesn't help, add a new style and select 'No Parent Style'. Switch to this style and see if you can reproduce this issue there.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...