Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hescominsoon
    • Jan 2005

calendar issue

I am unable to see the calendar of events on our forums. I ahve never beena ble to ee it as a matter of fact. It is turned on and all usergroups minus banned can see it. It shows up on our vbandvaced portal page though.

Also how do i add events? I have to be able to figure that one out.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will forceit to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hescominsoon
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
      the plugins aren't the issue as this has never worked. i'll rip apart the testing forums and reupload the images but it's never worked and we've been licensed over a year. We never noticed until we actually wanted to use it.

Comment

• hescominsoon
        • Jan 2005

also..how do we add events?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

Assuming your permissions are set correcly, then this does work fine on a non-modified vB. As you know we cannot provide support for code we didn't write. If you do not want to follow my suggestion then try asking for help over at www.vbulletion.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hescominsoon
            • Jan 2005

Assuming your permissions are set correcly, then this does work fine on a non-modified vB. As you know we cannot provide support for code we didn't write. If you do not want to follow my suggestion then try asking for help over at www.vbulletion.org.
            i'm not asking for support for code you didn't write. I'm asking for support for code you did write.

Answer one simple question please..how do we add an event to the calendar? I said i would try your suggestions on our testing forums to see if they do anything.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Calender -> Add New Event
              - Single, All Day Event
              - Ranged Event
              - Recurring Event

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• hescominsoon
                • Jan 2005

Calender -> Add New Event
                - Single, All Day Event
                - Ranged Event
                - Recurring Event
                That works for admins. How about regular users? do they have to go into a modcp? Can they add an event as if it was a post?

also i have nuked the testing forums and am installing from scratch...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Check the Calendar permissions by usergroup. As I said previously all of this will work if the permissions are set correctly and you are running the original vB code.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• hescominsoon
                    • Jan 2005

how do regular users add an event. Is the procedure you jsut typed meaning they have to go into a modcp type interface?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

As I said - Calendar Permissions. You need to set the appropriate permissions per Calendar and per Usergroup.

Admin CP -> Calendars -> Calendar Permissions

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• hescominsoon
                        • Jan 2005

i figured it out. Click on the calendar link at the top then folks can see the calendar and add events.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...