• Jun 2002
    • 3.6.x

CSS won't save to vbulletin_css dir

vB Version 3.6.4.

This is what I did:
    1. I activated this feature in my forums adminCP
    2. chmod the clientscript>vbulletin_css dir to 777
    3. Made a simple change here and there in a style to "force a change"

Will not write the css file and when viewing source for a forum page, all CSS is still being sent with the page. In my test/dev, non-public forum I have an "out-of-the-box" vB style with zero changes or mods so I know that I have not inadvertently wiped something out of a template.

I have verified that the dir can be written to by placing a flat text file in it and using a perl program in my cgi-perl dir was able to read, write data changes to the text file. So, it appears that ownership, group and permissions are working properly for that dir, but vB refuses to allow the CSS to be written there.

What should I look for next?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Version: vB 3.6.4
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
    Host: ThePlanet
  • Indy
    • Jun 2002
    • 3.6.x

I fixed it! You are probably not going to believe how I fixed the problem, but for the heck of it I went back into the adminCP and set the option to No, saved it and then immediately went back in and changed it to Yes and saved it once more.

Weird one, but working now anyway.
    Version: vB 3.6.4
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
    Host: ThePlanet

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

That's because you did the steps in the wrong order originally, you needed to set the folder permissions before making the change in the ACP.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...