Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vietkool
    • Sep 2004

Interna Server error

I have the internal server Error all the time, and hav asked my hosting place to fix it but they did not know what cause the error, but when I the error occure, I refresh a page few times then it's OK. Could you please give me some advice maybe can be done in config file or settings

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Same as last time but different
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This may be due to mod_security. See this thread:

If not, Internal Server errors are generally related to either a server problem, or added code to the vB files and/or templates.

The first thing I recommend is that you disable any plugins and reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• feldon23
      • Nov 2001
      • 3.7.x

Did you edit your .htaccess file?

Comment

• guarrand
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.5.x

I got the same error.
        I had it in my 3.5.4 and in my clean 3.6.2 install.

Only plugins/addons are a photoplog which hundreds of other people use and 2 skins. But the skins i use now are not the same as i had in 3.5.4. so i dont think its the skins.

If we can pinpoint the plugin/product thats doing this, we could find a way to solve it....

Comment

• guarrand
          • Nov 2006
          • 3.5.x

K, weird.

I changed the default skin back to the standard blue style one... and everything was ok.
          EVEN when i selected the same "faulty" skin afterwards again...

????

[edit] Skip that... it was ok for an evening, now we're back to the internal errors...
          Anyone else got an idea?, i'm going slightly mad here[/edit]
          Last edited by guarrand; Mon 11 Dec '06, 11:39pm.

Comment

• VTXCafe.com
            • Jul 2005
            • 3.8.x

Same here. I am testing a board on a new domain and it's a clean install and I get the error...no hacks have been installed. Any suggestions would be great.

This domain is a add on domain to my current server but it is it's own domain. Here is the test board: http://thenavycafe.com/forum/index.php
            Last edited by VTXCafe.com; Wed 27 Dec '06, 11:15am.

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

Modifications aren't the cause.

Have you looked here:

?

Comment

• VTXCafe.com
                • Jul 2005
                • 3.8.x

Yes, I have already tried that and nothing changed. I run 2 other vB boards on the same server and they run fine. I cannot get the new version of vB to run without getting this same error.

Also, I tried the other suggestion also Steve Machol posted just to see, not working either. I can make a new post/thread, after it makes it I get the error.
                Last edited by VTXCafe.com; Wed 27 Dec '06, 11:52am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...