X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • demagh
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.6.x

Activation email identified as junk

some of the email service providers identify the activation code of our users as junk, so the user may not be able to activate himself on our forums unless he PMs us.

is there anyway around these servers so that our activation form is not identified as JUNK?!

like changing the sender's name, instead of [email protected] make it [email protected] or changing the form of the email itself.

would like to hear from you guys before i go into the "trial and error procedure"
    Last edited by demagh; Sun 3 Dec '06, 5:42am.
  • bashy
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

I also would like a resolution to this, i have like over 80 members that have not activated their account, i have had to activate some manually as well.
    If the email was not viewed as junk mail by these servers then we would not have these issues?

Comment

• JAYEMULE
      • Jun 2001

Good question. I have the very same problem and I am sure it costs many forums registered users. I'll be watching for the answer as well.

Comment

• derfy
        • Jul 2005
        • 3.8.x

There's no silver bullet answer for this - it's just overzealous spam filters. Try changing the wording of your email via phrases. Perhaps your ip is listed in a n RBL. Or any number of reasons. ;/

Comment

• demagh
          • Oct 2006
          • 3.6.x

actually this thread helped a lot, didn't see the similar threads at the very bottom of the page before, but now i guess it is 100% solved.

thanks anyway and sorry for posting without looking around enough.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...