Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suke
    • Nov 2006

News on Forum to News on Website?

How do I set it up so that all my posts in x forum show up as a news post on my websites news page?
  • jononline
    • Oct 2005

ah thats cool i would like to know this too,

i think you might have to use some form of RSS feed on your site.. so. create a XML of your forum and then use something like carp to pull in the rss to your website

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

vBulletin includes an external feed system which allows to to feed the latest ten public threads (not posts) to external pages. Here's a thread explaining this:

And here's an explanation on how to use this in a web page:

And here's the online documentation:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• syedakm
        • Oct 2003

ok, let me explain what I am looking for, something close to this but little different.

On each post I would like ot have a check box, which when clicked, it will give me an option to select the date from a drop down menu or calendar. Once done that, the script would write/append to an existing file for that month or create a new one.

For example.

I have a thread where news articles about a certain topic are posted. Now i would like to have these news articles to appear on a different part of the website where I gather all the news in different files and each file represents a month.

Currently I am doing it manually where I have to append an html file each time I need to update it with the news articles. This is very cumbersome and time consuming. I would like to have an option on the thread/posts where once checked off a box, it will give me an option of month and year and will copy that post and append to the file at the bottom.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...