After server upgrade "large" attachments are gone.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chapsrulez
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.5.x

After server upgrade "large" attachments are gone.

Hi folks.

Recently i move a large forum, from an old server to a new one, in the old server i had php configured to accept uploads with a limit of 10 MB.

After configuring the new server, moving data between them, and all that stuff, i restored my vb forum, but i noticed that in 75% of the posts the attachments are gone, but just attachments which are 2MB or bigger (which is the default in php.ini) attachments 2 MB or smaller are still attached to the thread.

I remember i forgot to modify php.ini to allow uploads of 10MB.

My question is, after modifying php.ini and allowing uploads bigger than 10MB, how can i restore the attachments to the posts?

While in thread listing, a clip indicating that the thread includes an attachment is visible, but when viewing the thread, there are no attachments.
    thanks.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Those PHP upload settings should only affect new uploads. There might have been a problem with the database move. Were there any errors when you restored the database dump file? You might manually examine your attachment table in phpmyadmin to confirm that the records are the same as the ones from the source database (size, number, etc).

Comment

• chapsrulez
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.5.x

Jack.

You were right.

after the backup the data base is corrupted.

Is it safe to create a dump file in old server, copy to new server and then just restore it, and overwrite existing database in new server?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Yes that will work. Keep in mind that you will lose any new posts since the move.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...