Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibaker
    • Oct 2004

Help needed on header

I have had a Flash header developed and would like to know the best way to incorporate it into my website and Forum.

I have found that if I place the code in the header template the flash header starts playing again with each click navigating around the forum.

If I place it in a frame then the Flash Header takes up screen real estate when the user is scrolling down the forums - i.e. the header always remain across the top and doesn't scroll with the page.

I have tried using an iFrame but not only do I not know if this will even help my situation but I get just the header and no forums. The following iFrame code was placed at the top of the Header Template:

Code:
    <IFRAME SRC="../header.htm" TITLE="Flash Banner" width="100%" height="151" scrolling="no" name="headerflash" border="0" frameborder="0">
    I am presuming that if the header is 150k in size and I just placed it in the forum header template that each time the user clicks in the forum and the header replays that it will be taking up 150k of bandwidth each time as well plus for those on dialup going from page to page will be a very slow experience - is this correct or does it stay in cache?

I am getting desperate to work out what is the best way to incorporate a Flash Header without compomising the user experience - any help you can give IS greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ibaker; Wed 22 Nov '06, 1:53am.
    Best regards
    Ian
    "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
    www.recreationalflying.com
    NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.
  • CyberAlien
    • Mar 2002
    • 3.6.x

Usually it does stay in cache (depends on user's browser settings), so every page load won't cause full reload of flash file.
    vBulletin and phpBB styles | My Forum
    My Styles: CA Evo, CA Morpheus
    sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...