X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pauloo
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.7.x

Problem with quick reply with 3.6.3

After upgrade 3.6.2 to 3.6.3, when i want posted more caractere, the post i waiting to sending with gif animated but she's blocked.

Present with FF 2 and IE 6
    Visit my board Astunet.net
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Sorry, I don't understand. Please explain.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pauloo
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.7.x

Sorry i'm french

When i want post a long text ( more 2-3 line ) in quick reply, after submit reply, i have the message "please wait ..." and after 10 minutes, i waiting again.
      Last edited by pauloo; Tue 14 Nov '06, 2:00pm.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• pauloo
          • Nov 2004
          • 3.7.x

Yes i have try with a style original without hack "define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);" too

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Then if you still have a problem, this may be due to your language pack. Try the English pack to see if you have the same problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• pauloo
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.7.x

I have Reupload all files and change language to US and it's the same problem.

Can i send you by PM one access admin to my board test ?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

I don't see how that could happen with the original vB code, but if you have done all this please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• pauloo
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 3.7.x

OK i have submit a ticket.

The post with english text in quick reply is not a problem but in french yes!
                  And the setting of language in forum is US.

I not understand why ...

Comment

• obmob
                    • Sep 2001

You know, i have the same problem, AJAX features start to crash after i upgraded to 3.6.3

If i use quick reply, it stays rolling and rolling and never posts.

If i edit, then when i click save is the same, nothing is saving when using this fast edit options, i must go advanced to save.
                    Currently working on:
                    Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
                    Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by pauloo
                      OK i have submit a ticket.

The post with english text in quick reply is not a problem but in french yes!
                      And the setting of language in forum is US.

I not understand why ...
                      As per your ticket I could not duplicate this problem on my unhacked 3.6.3 test forum. My guess is that one of your many add-ons modified the database in some way to cause this problem.

What I suggested was for you to install a test copy of vB with no modifications to see if you can duplicate this problem with thast.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• pauloo
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by obmob
                        You know, i have the same problem, AJAX features start to crash after i upgraded to 3.6.3

If i use quick reply, it stays rolling and rolling and never posts.

If i edit, then when i click save is the same, nothing is saving when using this fast edit options, i must go advanced to save.
                        you write in english in your post forum?

Comment

• pauloo
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 3.7.x

Hello

I have uninstall all hack plugin and product , it's the same problem.

Thank you
                          Attached Files

Comment

• wavelets95
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Hello, I've exactly the same problem as Pauloo, my forum is also in french, and when I post an english text in the quick reply form, it works perfectly too. If the text is in french, VB have a block on this form with animated gif.

Steph

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 3.8.x

When you say that English text works fine, but french text not. Do you mean if you have set the board language to French it does not work, or that it does not work if the text you try to post contain french words?

If you are talking about the text, please post an example of text that does not work.
                              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...