X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burgess
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

user reset to User awaiting email confirmation

A user with 6 posts has had his status reset to "User awaiting email confirmation".

How does this happen? Is it to do with changing his email address or some other user preference?

Brendan
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Yes is a user changes his email address, he will need to verify that again and is placed in the Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup until he verified the mail address.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Indy
      • Jun 2002
      • 3.6.x

I'm starting to notice this as well and have been receiving some "not-too-happy" help emails. Since they have to verify an email change and are placed in that group again, do they go back to the group that they were in to begin with? I have a usergroup setup with extra permissions, etc. for people who donate to our charity drive.

I suppose this question would apply to any usergroup. What if a moderator changes his email address?
      Version: vB 3.6.4
      RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
      Host: ThePlanet

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Users do get moved back into the proper group after they reconfirm.

Comment

• Indy
          • Jun 2002
          • 3.6.x

Then that's got to be it then. They simply aren't confirming. Probably not reading the instructions on the screen. I'll set up a test user and have a look. Or, they could have those pesky aol.com and other email address's that won't accept email from the forums.

Thanks Zachery!!
          Version: vB 3.6.4
          RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
          Host: ThePlanet

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...