MySQL User denied access to DB. Nothing fixs it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shavedaccord
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

MySQL User denied access to DB. Nothing fixs it.

We recently upgraded to VB 3.6.2 and so far everything has gone smooth for probably a solid week now. Out of nowhere the forum kicks out a database error:

Database error in vBulletin :

Cannot use database accordt_board

MySQL Error : Access denied for user 'accordt_admin'@'%' to database 'accordt_board'
    Error Number : 1044
    Date : Sunday, October 29th 2006 @ 12:56:09 AM
    Script : http://board.******.com/index.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : ***************
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database[FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Now, I have tried all the recommended remedies in the sticky about this error but nothing has worked. I have also made a tester PHP to see if I could connect to the database outside of VBulletin and believe it or not it connects perfectly fine using the same info in the config.php for VBulletin. I'm pretty much stumped on this issue. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I also have root on the server.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
  • shavedaccord
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

I also found this interesting after trying it. I set the password for the database user to blank, reloaded the page the board loaded just fine. I cannot have a blank password so I figured I would set it back to the normal password. So I did and the board again does not work. So why won't it work when a password is set on the database user?

Comment

• shavedaccord
      • May 2006
      • 3.6.x

Ok, another fast update. I changed the password to the database user to a completely off the wall password that I have not used on the user before and the board loads fine now. So it seems that I cannot use any of the previous password on the database user. I would still like to know why it done all of this?

Comment