Quick reply problem - "RE:" is added to title and pushes it over the character limit.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdebler
    • May 2001

Quick reply problem - "RE:" is added to title and pushes it over the character limit.

Okay, one of my users found this...

When a thread title is at the character limit, and then someone dies a Quick Reply in that thread that adds the "RE:" to the thread title, which pushes it over the character limit, they get this...

Anyway to fix this?

BTW...I might delete this thread myself if I do a Quick Reply to it and don't see the same problem here, which tells me it is a problem exclusive to my site.

So, it this thread is still here...any ideas?
    -Jason
  • jdebler
    • May 2001

Okay, here is my Quick reply test...
    -Jason

Comment

• jdebler
      • May 2001

Ah, no thread title is quoted here...perhaps I should just turn my thread title quoting off or is there anoher solution?
      -Jason

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Strange. I haven't seen that before. Have you installed any hacks, products or plugins?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jdebler
          • May 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Strange. I haven't seen that before. Have you installed any hacks, products or plugins?
          Yes. What other info do you need from me?

Thanks,
          -Jason
          -Jason

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

First, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);a

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will forceit to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
              • Nov 2004
              • 3.8.x

Is this http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...iew&bugid=1051 maybe what you are looking for?
              Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
              Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• jdebler
                • May 2001

Thanks, guys! I think that will do the trick.
                -Jason

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...