Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andewy3k
    • Oct 2006

auto-close thread

Alright well I CAN remeber seeing an option like this before but now cannot seem to find it. Maybe it dosen't exisit.

This option I am speaking about is auto-close thread option. Only in a certain section of the forums. After someone posts the thread without any replies I wish that the topic be automatically closed.

Please someone tell me if I am going crazy and that this is not in vbulletins admin panel. If its not is there a mod for this?

Because currently I have that section of the forums to not allow any regular members "reply" to the threads. But I don't want them to be under the impression that there is something wrong or that they don't have rights to post in those sections. So instead I want it to just display "closed"

Thanks so much ahead of time guys
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no function to do this and never has been. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• andewy3k
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      There is no function to do this and never has been. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

thanks for your quick response. I am going crazy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...