X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emwonk
    • Jul 2006
    • 3.5.x

Private Message Misdirects?

I got two emails today notifying me of PMs that were sent from one party to another.

Person A replied to a PM from person B, and for some reason I got an email notification as if I am somehow a part of the PM thread. I have sent emails to both members to see if they made a mistake, but I'm worried there is a forum problem. Here is the email I got, with addresses changed in a few spots by me before I post here:
    ------------------------
    Subject: RE: New Private Message at FORUM NAME
    To: [email protected]

(Message text was deleted from here...)

---- "FORUM NAME" <Support@NAME_DELETED.com> wrote:
    Dear valerie,
    You have received a new private message at NAME-DEleted.com from [email protected], entitled "Re: Jersey Bull".
    This is the message that was sent:
    Don't know of any that age at this time. If your not in a big hurry I will probably have some next spring if next year is anything like this year. All I had was bull calves except for one Jersey cow that got bred to the neighbors beefmaster bull and had a heifer. Darn the luck.
    Judy
    (MEMBER URL)
    To read the original version, respond to this message, or delete the message, you must log in here:
    (FORUM PM LINK DELEDTED)
    All the best,
    NAME-Deleted.com
    Last edited by emwonk; Tue 10 Oct '06, 1:01pm.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You are not Valerie? Is Valerie using your email for her account? I can't think of any other possible causes unless your mail server is mixing things up somehow.

Comment

• pierguy
      • May 2003
      • 4.1.x

I've had the exact same problem on more than one occasion. I've gone in and checked the user's e-mail, and it's not mine.

What could cause these re-routes?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I am not aware of any vBulletin bug that causes this. I recommend you consult with your host to check your mail logs. This will allow you to see exactly what is happening with the emails.

Comment

• valerie
          • Nov 2009

I remember getting an identical message as that one....seems like I received
          it several of my email accts. However, I received thousands of idiotic garbage
          messages that I really paid no attention to it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...