Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TitanKing
    • Feb 2005

How do I update template changes ?

I was just wondering how I change templates to most updated version exacly. See, this is what I dont understand (please see example);

MEMBERS_INFO
    Removed Quotes from word "example".
    Revert Required : Yes

So does this mean I need to revert the whole template and make the change, or do I only need to make the change (Removed Quotes from word "example".) without reverting the template MEMBERS_INFO?

Thank you for any reply.
  • slappy
    • Apr 2003

When you go to the AdminCP after doing an ungrade, it will show you how many templates in your setup need to be Reverted and which ones they are. If you have not modified your templates you can simply Revert them, one by one, until you've done all that need Reverting.

If you have made changes to your templates, the Style Manager gives you a neat side-by-side comparison tool, which will show you the current file on one sice and the "new" file on the other. There are also included different colors for things added to the "old" template which aren't in the new one, a color for things which were "removed" from the new template, and a color for things "changed" in the new template.

If you have made changes to your templates, you can use the "old" code additions listed as markers and content for the changes you may need to make to your "new" templates.

Again, if you haven't make template changes, just do the Revert, one-by-one and you are done and have all the "new" functionality of the latest version.

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

• TitanKing
      • Feb 2005

Thank you very much for your reply, you helped a whole lot! It is much appreciated indeed !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...