Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shinstudio
    • Jan 2005

Langauge issue

I had data bakcup from vb3.0.8. I recently purchased upgrade version of 3.6 and I uploaded all the data to the database.
    It took some time but at the end I was able to upload all data and upgrade database tables to 3.6 using upgrade.php.

Here is the problem:
    Although I set up the pagecode to euc-kr, page displays garbage characters instead of Korean characters. I am able to see Korean characters when I use phpmyadmin. So Korean characters are intact in the database. I assume there must be something that just pulls data as what they are and display on the screen.

Could anyone some shed light for me?

Thanks,
    Shinhee
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Are you using the correct language settings?

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Edit Settings]

Change your language code and charset appropriately. A google search will pull up several reference sites for these settings.

Comment

• shinstudio
      • Jan 2005

I set up the language code charset correctly and still get the ????? instead of Korean characters..

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

What are you using for Language Code and HTML Character Set? What is the URL to your forum?

I will ask the others about this to see if there is anything else we need to check.

Comment

• shinstudio
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          What are you using for Language Code and HTML Character Set? What is the URL to your forum?

I will ask the others about this to see if there is anything else we need to check.
          i'm using the followings:

kor
          euc-kr

And the url is http://forum.shinstudio.com/

I clean installed the forum (db side) many times to see if either UTF-8 or euc-kr works. Both have failed so far.
          When I use euc-kr, almost all characters get garbled. When I use UTF-8, few words get garbled, but not perfect at all.

I did not have this issue when I had 3.0.8... just 2-3 characters got garbled and I stopped running the forum...

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

This page:

...shows a language code of kor going with a charset of ISO 639-2. Try that.

Comment

• shinstudio
              • Jan 2005

That doesn't help either.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

I am out of ideas. We can take a look if you submit a trouble ticket with your forum and server info.

Comment