X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bodwin
    • Apr 2004

Post moderation queue...

Hello all,

Does anyone know how I could allow users to post straight onto the boards but for those messages to also go into a queue for moderation? I don't want to use inline moderation as the community will have many forums.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,
    Bodwin
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Set this to No for moderated groups:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> [Edit] -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules

You can moderate new posts in the Admin CP, Mod CP, or by using inline moderation. All pull from the same queue.

Comment

• Bodwin
      • Apr 2004

Thanks Jake, I tried this but posts still don't go live until they are moderated. Any ideas?
      Many thanks,
      Bodwin

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Unless I am misunderstanding you, the whole point of moderation is that the post is NOT visible to the public until AFTER you approve it.

Comment

• Bodwin
          • Apr 2004

That's true in most cases but the boards I work with are high traffic and need to be compliant with the clients moderation guidelines whilst still providing a nice user experience (ie going live quickly). Having them go live AND go into a queue means the users get their posts live quickly but the mods can still review all the posts nice and easily.

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

That's not what moderation does, or is for.

If you intend to allow users to post directly, that's fine, but then it will be up to your staff to clean up messes afterwards.

I moderate the first post of each of my users. If it's a legitimate post, I promote them to a level where their posts appear directly.

Comment

• Bodwin
              • Apr 2004

Hi Feldon,
              Thanks for the input but I understand what moderation is for. The requirements I have are probably quiet different to yours. The requirements are different when you're modding a minimum of 30,000 posts a day.
              Cheers anyway though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...