X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rolando
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Search variables

I'd like to add more search capabilities, but not sure how to call them up. Bascially, if I add a custome field in the profile of a user through the Admin controls, how would I call up a variable they chose from radio buttons or check boxes?

In other words, if the options were X and Y and I wanted to have a search feature to search for either, how would this be done?

I know how to do a search based on a members user number or fields, but when you have a multiple choice profile field, how is that searchable? Thanks, rg sends!
    A Lexar Elite Photographer, writer for Studio Photography magazine
    & Author for Amherst Media
  • Lats
    • Mar 2002

These are the basic search options through the url...

You may need to check vb.org for other options.

btw, you're gonna get busted for that referral link in your sig
    Lats...

Comment

• rolando
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thanks, I'm familiar with that link. What I'm looking for is how to find out what the search variable is for those items created with radio buttons and check boxes. All other private fields have numbers you can refer, like "Field XX." How would I call them up, what is the code? I'd love to be able to search based on the variables (custom fields) a person selects upon registration. What good is it to have these custom fields if they are not searchable?

On another note, we can't have links to our own site on our sig? Thanks, rg sends!

Comment

• Lats
        • Mar 2002

I don't believe the fieldx variables are seachable in url form however, you can search for such items in your /memberlist.php?do=search area.

The other note, yes you can have links to your site - just not referral links
        Lats...

Comment

• rolando
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

My apologies for the late reply, but what I've been hunting for, is how can we search by zip code? I'd like to have zip code proximity searching capability. Thanks, rg.

Comment