X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radgul
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

Same forum at different domains?

1) Is it possible technically to install one copy to server1 and another copy to server2 using the same database for both forums?

If yes:
    2) Is it possible to use one forum style at www.server1.com and force users to use another forum style at www.server2.com. (same database)

3) Maybe it is also possible to force users to use different style if they come to forum through a special link?
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

It depends on how you achieve your objective. Check out Multiple domains and the license agreement
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Radgul
      • Aug 2004
      • 3.8.x

Thanks, of course, but I can’t see the answer here, just a case with license agreement (case 2 is interesting). I understand that subject with license is very sensitive, but I hope we will not overshadow everything else with it.

Anyway, thanks to " Similar Threads" now I know that (1) and (2) is possible. But how can I achieve different forum styles with different domains? What do I have to do/change in admin panel/programme to make this work?

And the answer to my (3) question is still interesting too

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

#3 requires modifying the code. And if your intent is to show different content based on domain, then this requires multiple licenses.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Radgul
          • Aug 2004
          • 3.8.x

Thank you for your answer on my third question.
          Don’t worry; I want to use precisely the same content, exactly as it is written in case 2. I still did not get the answer, how can I achieve it? I copy forum files to two different domains, point them through config.php to one database. Install two styles. What next?

Comment

• feldon23
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.7.x

Install 1 license of vBulletin on 1 domain.

Set the other domain to redirect to the first domain with a different forumid at the end of the URL.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...