• Show
Clear All
  • oldengine
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Upload Attachments Redirect Problem

Uploading attachments:

Popup Browse screen OK.

Upload file OK, but the popup goes to a second page that cannot be found.

Page properties (url):

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http://www.deletedmydomain.com/forum...anageattach&p=

Close this window and the upload did in fact go OK and appears on the edit screen.

If this is a broswer error, it just started happening after going from 3.5 to 3.6.1.

By the way, the resizing and compression of the attachment jpg images is wonderful!
    Last edited by oldengine; Fri 22 Sep '06, 1:26pm.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Please make sure your Forum URL is set correct in your vBulletin Options.
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• oldengine
      • Oct 2004
      • 3.7.x

Yes, the forum URL is set fine. This was an upgrade of a board used for years.

Everything else on the forum appears to operate fine. Just this one flake.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

Please create a new Style with no Parent set. Now browse the forum using his new style, do you still have the same problems?
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• oldengine
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.7.x

I thought this might be a browser timeout while uploading, but this deal occurres with small images and large.

I just tried it with the old default style with the same results. I'll need to get up to speed on creating a new style.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
            • Nov 2004
            • 3.8.x

Please don't use an old default style for testing. Please do as suggested in post #4.

Comment

• oldengine
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

I did as you instructed - plain vanilla created style - no parent.

Same issue was present.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.8.x

Please remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.
                Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Comment

• oldengine
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

I inserted

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

in my config.php file, but I am still exeriencing the problem.

I suspect that it has to do with file size of the photo. Small ones appear to work, but the larger ones don't. The ones I am using are all under the 2MB php limit.

I'm continuing to work on this.
                  Last edited by oldengine; Fri 22 Sep '06, 1:55pm. Reason: Update.

Comment

• oldengine
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.7.x

Still bugged by this.

Removed all hacks.

Created new default style with no parent.

Activated config.php with define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Re-uploaded newattachment.php

Create New Thread.

Manage Attachments

Browse Photo

Upload (can see the photo data being uploaded on my cable modem)

A short delay occurs while the photo is being resized.

Small upload window displays:
                    The page cannot be displayed
                    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

The properties of this page is:
                    res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#http://www.________.com/forum/newatt...anageattach&p=

If I do an F5 refresh:
                    Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

If I close this upload page and click Manage Attachments again, the photo ACTUALLY DID UPLOAD AND RESIZE PERFECTLY.

Why the defective redirect or timeout?

This problem also occurrs with other users on different computers.
                    Last edited by oldengine; Fri 29 Sep '06, 11:04am. Reason: Removed domain name

Comment

• oldengine
                      • Oct 2004
                      • 3.7.x

Additional note...

If the uploaded photo (test 53K) is under 100K file size (my previous maximum) everything works fine.

It is when uploading an image ABOVE this value (test 985K) that needs resizing that this problem occurs.

Keep in mind that it actually resized and looks just fine. GD made my 2542 X 1944 985K image into an 800 X 600 at 56K file size. It's just that the user gets a PAGE NOT FOUND error in the upload window.

Edit:
                      I set my Attachment Manager jpg size to 2000000 and it still worked the same as set to 100000. It also compressed the image to 56K.

It appears to work fine here. what am I doing wrong?
                      Last edited by oldengine; Fri 29 Sep '06, 11:03am. Reason: Removed Attachment

Comment

• oldengine
                        • Oct 2004
                        • 3.7.x

I freshly installed a completely new and unmodified /testvb forum on another domain with a new blank database. SAME PROBLEM!

Ticket time?

Server problem?

My php upload size is 2M.

Ideas?
                        Last edited by oldengine; Fri 29 Sep '06, 10:44am. Reason: php = 2M not 2G

Comment

• Martin
                          • Apr 2000
                          • 3.5.x

You need to adjust the maximum allowed image sizes in vBulletin.

Admin CP > Attachments > Attachment Manager

jpg files are set to 120000 while everything else is set to 20000. You cannot upload a 975 KB file with your setting at 120000
                          Webmaster:
                          @forumz

Comment

• oldengine
                            • Oct 2004
                            • 3.7.x

I reset the .jpg extension maximum filesize to 2000000 and I still have the same problem.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

In addition to the vB settings, the allowed size of the attachments depends on the PHP and MySQL configuration. You may need to check and change the upload size for both PHP and for MySQL. Note, you'll need to have root access to the server to do this (or have your host do it.) Make these changes to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = xM

..and my.cnf (or my.ini for Windows systems)

set-variable=max_allowed_packet=xM

Change it to the size ('x') you want in Megabytes. Restart the webserver and MySQL after making these changes.

Note: You may also need to increase the max_execution_time and max_input_time variables in php.ini.

Also you might want to take a look at this for other settings that affect file uploads:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...