Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldengine
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

I suspect that I am all set with the server. I've had the server support team go all through those and they have washed their hands of this issue.

One thing that really confirms this is, that in > admin > attachments > attachment manager, if I set the jpg extension to 8000 X 8000, everything works perfectly.

It is when I set jpg to 800 X 800 forcing the 3.6.1 to downsize the photo that my page not found issue takes place. In fact, the photo does upload and get resized and stored! That works perfectly!

The issue is that the inexperienced operator has no idea what happened. One has to simply close the attachment window error and reopen it by clicking Manage Attachments. The image then shows in the attachment window. My users can't cope with this type of workaround.

Would it be possible to flag Freddie Bingham to take a look at this thread and my ticket? He has many other posts on here, dealing with 3.6.1 image resizing at vBulletin. My ticket ended up by sending me to the server optimization thread. I don't hold much hope with that. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...39#post1222539

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
      • Nov 2004
      • 3.8.x

Try increasing the memory limit.
      Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
      Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• oldengine
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

Are you referring to "Maximum Filesize" in the attachment manager?

Comment

• oldengine
          • Oct 2004
          • 3.7.x

Set the attachment Manager jpg to 640 X 480 and 2000000 file size.

Same Problem!

The image did in fact upload and resize from 2592 X 1944 and 1006Kb to 640 X 480 at 46Kb. Great! Resizing works, but the Page not Found Error persists.

Comment

• curriertech
            • Sep 2005
            • 4.2.X

I'm having this issue with other attachment types (mp3). My mySQL settings are fine, as are my httpd.conf settings (I've tried changing the max_execution_time, etc). My mp3 attachment settings are to allow 10M files, but a 5M file causes the behavior described in this thread...redirects to a 'cannot display' page with http://www.theopenjam.com/forum/newa...manageattach&p= in the address bar.

I'll test a large image file and see if I get the same problem.

EDIT: I am able to upload large images without this error.

oldengine: I don't know if this helps at all but I had a similar problem in photopost this week, that I ended up resolving by changing from GD to ImageMagick.

EDIT2: Now it's still going to the address shown above, but it's giving an 'invalid thread specified' error.

EDIT3: If I turn off APC the problem goes away. CRAP!
            Last edited by curriertech; Sat 30 Sep '06, 10:24am.

Comment

• oldengine
              • Oct 2004
              • 3.7.x

I am using GD and have always wanted to install Imagemagick. It might be that is my only answer. I feel that this problem is occuring while the image is being resized. I can see the upload flickering the leds on my cable modem and then the leds stop. Then after a few more seconds, the manage attachments window times out. If I close the window and re-open the manage attachments, the upload is actually there and in good condition AND resized excellently.

One would have to get into exactly how vB hands off the image to GD and then returns back to the manage attachments window to troubleshoot this! So far, I have only tested with jpg files. If I set my Attachment Manager to 8000 X 8000 the problem goes away. Of course in that case I would have homongous storage problems if my users all uploaded 2Mb images! I definitely want to be able to use resizing.

In your case, with MP3s, there is no resizing involved. You may have server setup problems that can be evaluated by comparing settings in other portions of this thread. In my case, I installed a completely separate plain vanilla vBulletin on a separate domain for testing. Unfortunately, I don't have a second server.

Comment

• curriertech
                • Sep 2005
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by oldengine
                I am using GD and have always wanted to install Imagemagick. It might be that is my only answer. I feel that this problem is occuring while the image is being resized. I can see the upload flickering the leds on my cable modem and then the leds stop. Then after a few more seconds, the manage attachments window times out. If I close the window and re-open the manage attachments, the upload is actually there and in good condition AND resized excellently.

One would have to get into exactly how vB hands off the image to GD and then returns back to the manage attachments window to troubleshoot this! So far, I have only tested with jpg files. If I set my Attachment Manager to 8000 X 8000 the problem goes away. Of course in that case I would have homongous storage problems if my users all uploaded 2Mb images! I definitely want to be able to use resizing.

In your case, with MP3s, there is no resizing involved. You may have server setup problems that can be evaluated by comparing settings in other portions of this thread. In my case, I installed a completely separate plain vanilla vBulletin on a separate domain for testing. Unfortunately, I don't have a second server.
                Yeah I determined my issue to be ACP related. I'm now using ImageMagick for all of my image processing needs and it works great.

Comment

• oldengine
                  • Oct 2004
                  • 3.7.x

Solved!!!

WAHOO! FIXED IT!

/scripts/installimagemagick

If you are using GD - lookout!

Comment

• curriertech
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 4.2.X

WAHOO! FIXED IT!

Sweet!

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • May 2000
                      • 1.1.x

WAHOO! FIXED IT!

I've never had a problem with GD and in fact it is usually a bit faster since no external program is invoked. I'll follow up with you to see just exactly what the problem is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...