"Remember Me" Doesn't Work After Upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jafo
    • Apr 2004

"Remember Me" Doesn't Work After Upgrade.

Upgraded to 3.6.1 today from 3.5.4. Remember me has stopped working.

After searching here, I see I am not the only one. Tried the following:

edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.
    Still have the same issue.
  • Marco van Herwaarden
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.8.x

Create a new style and choose no parent style. Next set this new style as default style in your vBulletin Options.

Now logout and refresh the page. Try to login again with Remeber Me ticked. Is your problem solved now?
    Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
    Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Jafo
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Marco van Herwaarden
      Create a new style and choose no parent style. Next set this new style as default style in your vBulletin Options.

Now logout and refresh the page. Try to login again with Remeber Me ticked. Is your problem solved now?
      No, this did not change a thing..

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
        • Nov 2004
        • 3.8.x

Please clear your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again. Is your problem solved?

If not what browser are you using and do your security options allow cookies from your domain.
        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Jafo
          • Apr 2004

Actually, on my second test, changing the style seemed to work. Do I delete the new test style? Will setting it back fix this problem for other users?

Comment

• Jafo
            • Apr 2004

Actually, never mind, it did not work..

Comment

• Jafo
              • Apr 2004

Please clear your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again. Is your problem solved?

If not what browser are you using and do your security options allow cookies from your domain.
              I cleared the cache, so have several of my users. Cleared all cookies too. We were all working fine until the upgrade. We have not changed our settings.

I checked the cookies and they are not set to expire until a year after the login (today, 2007)..

Sounds like a session issue?

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                • Nov 2004
                • 3.8.x

Plese open a support ticket with a full description of the problem. Make sure to include info to your AdminCP, FTP/SSH and phpMyAdmin.

Comment

• Jafo
                  • Apr 2004

Plese open a support ticket with a full description of the problem. Make sure to include info to your AdminCP, FTP/SSH and phpMyAdmin.
                  Ticket has been opened. If it will be you addressing the issue, please read the part about the new email address (opened ticket for this too).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...