Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iloco
    • Jul 2002

Insert Hidden Link

HAd a member point this out to me and curious if I ahve a setting wrong.

When a person wants to add a live link and have it hidden with something like Link is Here, I am curious why When I clcik on add link I get a window to add the live link and dont get a window to add the words Live Link here where that is all that shows in a thread but will take you to the live link that is hidden behind the Live Link here wording.

Hope this is not to confusing but it seems I am missing a second window to make this work as it should.
    I usualy manual do this but some members like the insert link icon when posting a link.

Testing insert link in this post. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

I may be wrong but shouldnt there be an option to have a second window popup so instead of seeing http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/ we can addd wording like Live Link Here or what ever we need to add for that link.
    iloco
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

What your members will want to do instead is write the text first, then mark it and click on the link button.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• iloco
      • Jul 2002

I know some boards have a second window that pops up after adding the link so you can add what you want the link to be called. For some reason I thought vbb was like this.

I am confused by what you say to do. write text first and mark it and clcik on link button has got me confused.
      iloco

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

What part are you confused about?
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• iloco
          • Jul 2002

I am confused by what you say to do. write text first and mark it and click on link button.
          That has me confused.

One of my members was able to describe what to do in a way I understand what you ment now.

Here it is in case anyother has problem understanding as I did.

Well, solution is simple....... as says you quote in the previous post......

1) -In the reply window ( the one where you are actually typing your text) just type the word/text you want as highlighted link

2) - Higlight/select the word/text same as you would do for a paste & copy

3) - slect the link button, a box will appear, and give in the web address.

4) - click OK - and the web address is linked to your highlighted word/text.
          Last edited by iloco; Thu 21 Sep '06, 8:28am.
          iloco

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...