• Jul 2004

Database Error (possible coding error?)

This just popped up today, converted a week ago:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.1:

Invalid SQL:

DELETE FROM access
    WHERE forumid IN (N AND
    userid = 1457;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' AND
    userid = 1457' at line 2
    Error Number : 1064
    Script : http://www.artglassforum.com/forums/cron.php?&rand=761225

Looks like a possible coding error in cron.php.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

SQL Syntax errors are almost always related to modified code. To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mike Aurelius
      • Jul 2004

Steve - no hacks, no custom code, no plugins. We are using plain-jane templates.

I've done pretty much all of that, reloaded the non-image files etc.

The error message was e-mailed to me as part of the system error message reporting. It happened yesterday and this morning, once each.

It appears to be happening when a user is deleting a post (not a moderator, but a user deletion).

Where the blue smiley shows up the actual code is a semi colon and a close parenthesis ; ) so: (N; ). It seems strange to me to have a semicolon (from the little bit that I know about PHP.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Honestly I don't see how that error is possible with the original vB code and files. Please try my suggestions again. Maybe a file is not being overwritten during the upload process.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mike Aurelius
          • Jul 2004

Ok. I'll do that. The funny thing is, I looked up the user that is triggering the error (1457) and this person hasn't logged on in over 4 months.

Something very goofy is happening. I wonder if it isn't happening during the evening maintenance schedule.

I'm going to download the non-image files again from the masters from you guys, unzip them and do a fresh overwrite and see what happens. I'll also re-do the styles like you mentioned.

Very strange!

Comment

• telc
            • Oct 2001
            • 3.5.x

This is definalty a bug but I cannot figure out why it happens, somehow vBulletin is inserting a "N;" into the 'forums' column in the 'subscription' table here is what I did to fix it.

This seems to be a very rare bug, but I do see several users with the issue on this forum by doing a search. It must only happen under rare circumstances.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...