Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tony L
    • Jul 2003

Help! Error : 1054 after upgrade from 3.5.5 to 3.61

After upgrading my site from v3.5.5 to v3.61 I’m getting the following error hundreds of times…

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.5:

Invalid SQL:

INSERT IGNORE INTO session
    (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid, languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent, bypass, profileupdate)
    VALUES
    ('3c52a93ccf6da31960db886361778540', 0, '88.110.126.10', 'ffcabdaec8733672947de918f0406c0c', 1158351911, '/forum/', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 2, 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)', 0, 0);

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'profileupdate' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Date : Friday, September 15th 2006 @ 01:25:12 PM
    Script : http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 88.110.126.10
    Username : Unregistered
    Classname : vb_database
    The first thing I don’t understand is why it says 3.5.5 – I ran the full /install/upgrade.php with my customer number and went through all stages without any apparent issue – i.e. it got to the point it took me to the Admin CP and asked me to do a few things there, which I did.

My board is totally stock – I reverted the only two minor template changes and I have disabled the plug-in hook system so it can’t be Spambuster or AE Detector, the only two plug-ins I had installed under 3.5.5.

This is beyond me as I’m not very SQL literate, someone please help!

Regards,

Tony.
  • Tony L
    • Jul 2003

Seems to have got better, i.e. the board is still working and the errors seem to have stopped, but I'm still curious as to what it was if anyone knows.

Tony.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

Probably has to do with the update process and people were visting your forums at that time. That and/or bots. That's why it's recommended that you .htaccess your board prior to upgrading
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Tony L
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        Probably has to do with the update process and people were visting your forums at that time. That and/or bots. That's why it's recommended that you .htaccess your board prior to upgrading
        Many thanks. It makes sense as thinking about it as the errors started whilst I was uploading the files (i.e. before I started the upgrade). I’d turned the board ‘off’ in the Admin CP before starting the upload. I’d not heard about using .httaccess for this – I’ll think about doing that next time, though it would prevent users being informed with a message.

This is the first time I’ve had any errors whilst doing an upgrade and I’ve done a fair few now (I started off with vB2.x.x) – I’m a little prone to panic when 700+ errors hit my email! Anyway, no more came overnight and everything seems to be running fine now, so no worries.

Tony.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...