Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beano33
    • Jun 2003

TLS Errors on sending... :)

Hey guys, we're trying to get TLS enabled here, but having some problems...

Running VB 3.6.0, PHP 5.1.6.

We definitely have OpenSSL compiled in, I compiled it myself along with PHP once again... Here is a clip from phpinfo:

Code:
    openssl
    OpenSSL support  enabled
    OpenSSL Version  OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006
    We're getting the following error when we try to send email using TLS... Here's the error:

Code:
    Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number in /includes/class_mail.php on line 603

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in /includes/class_mail.php on line 603

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to tls://smtp.gmail.com:587 (Unknown error) in /includes/class_mail.php on line 603

Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in /includes/class_mail.php on line 585
    Line 603 is this:
    Code:
    $this->smtpSocket = fsockopen($this->smtpHost, $this->smtpPort, $errno, $errstr, 30);
    We're running OpenSSL 0.9.8c, which is the newest available version, and we had the same issue with an older version of OpenSSL. We're running Debian 3.1 (Sarge).

Any ideas? It'd be MUCH appreciated!
  • beano33
    • Jun 2003

Alright, it turns out that gmail had led me astray... It should have been port 465. All is well, sorry for the noise!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...