• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afriman
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.5.x

Image Verification

Hi Guys,

I am having a small prob. since upgrading from 3.5 to 3.6. my image verification on the register page is not showing up on either I.E or firefox - just a blank image while the browser tries to get the image

I did have a few problems when upgrading (see this link), would have to re-upload all the files have caused a conflict somewhere?

PS when I go in CP to edit the image verification library "vbulletin options - images settings" I cannot see the image either.

I am (or was at least using) GD before my upgrade (when it was working)

Any ideas?

Cheers & thanks
    Last edited by afriman; Mon 4 Sep '06, 2:05am. Reason: more questions
    AfriMan
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

GD is not enabled or compiled on the server, therefor its unavailable.

The path to image Magick does not seem to be set.

Comment

• afriman
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.5.x

GD image

Hi,

After checking the above GD url

I seem to be getting this error

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fatal error
      : Call to undefined function: imagecreatetruecolor() in /****/*******/****/africatravelforum.com/includes/class_image.php on line 1604

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Any ideas anyone on why /includes/class_image.php would be rejecting this function?

Cheers
      Last edited by afriman; Tue 5 Sep '06, 5:51am. Reason: url removed
      AfriMan

Comment

• Boxy
        • Oct 2002

I recommend that you re-upload all the original vB and non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by afriman
          Hi,

After checking the above GD url

I seem to be getting this error

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fatal error
          : Call to undefined function: imagecreatetruecolor() in /****/*******/****/africatravelforum.com/includes/class_image.php on line 1604

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Any ideas anyone on why /includes/class_image.php would be rejecting this function?

Cheers
          That function doesn't exsist in the vBulletin code, its a GD function, which is stating that you don't have GD compiled/enabled in php.

Comment

• afriman
            • Sep 2005
            • 3.5.x

confused

Hi guys,

Just a quick note to this GD topic.

This was working properly before the upgrade through GD and imagmagick

upgraded from 3.5.0 I also have the correct path for imagemagick as my photopost image gallery works off it :::::: see http://www.africatravelforum.com/photo/

I must say it is fantastic for spam as I have had none since the upgrade but I have not had any new user either (an upside and a downside)

That function doesn't exsist in the vBulletin code, its a GD function, which is stating that you don't have GD compiled/enabled in php.
            I will look it this ASAP from my hoster

Cheers
            AfriMan

Comment

• Robert9
              • Oct 2001

For my 3.55 everything is fine with im, but i got no chance to get it im running under 3.6.

I have double checked the scripts (ascii), the pics and fonts (bin) and still stuck now with this message:

convert: unable to read font `/.../images/regimage/fonts/EFFLB___.TTF'.

I found some tipps for gs and recompile im, but i dont want to do this and dont understand why something is fine with 3.55, but dont run with 3.6., seems vb should find a way to make it possible without recompile or change something on the server.
              Last edited by Robert9; Tue 5 Sep '06, 7:11pm.

Comment

• afriman
                • Sep 2005
                • 3.5.x

spoken to host

Hi guys,

Have spoken to my host and have gone though both GD and IMAGEMAGICK and both are working now.

We have uncommented
                extension=gd.so
                in line 450 of the /usr/local/lib/php.ini file and restarted apache.
                Above is from hoster

Seems something went wrong on my server

Cheers
                AfriMan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...