X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novastar
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

since upgrade, I can no longer ban members

Since I upgraded my forums from 3.5.4 to 3.6.0, I can no longer ban members, in the modcp or in the admincp, I can move them to the banned group via the admincp, but that does my moderators no good.

When we go to ban a member,
    theres the dropdown box that says "Move User to Usergroup"
    but its blank, if you ignore it and just click ban, it says "
    Invalid Usergroup Specified"

The usergroups are all set up, including a Banned Members.
    We never had this problem before we upgraded to 3.6.0.

Any ideas?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What version were you using prior to vBulletin 3.6? You need to set a banned usergroup.

Comment

• novastar
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.6.x

And there is a Banned Usergroup,
      Its title Banned Users, currently has 89 members, It is set as a Banned usergroup.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

If that really is a 'Banned' group it should work. To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• novastar
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.6.x

Thank you Steve
          It works fine now, aparently something didnt get uploaded or something.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

• version2
            • Feb 2001

This is happening to me. Disabled hooks as described above...same problem. Copied all of the files to their appropriate directories (had downloaded the tar.gz version) and I still dont have a banned usergroup...but it is there. We can't ban anyone.
            version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
            Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...