Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 835rocks
    • Jan 2006

Admin CP - Jumping out of frame...

Hi - when I click an item in the left menu frame in my Admin CP, the page loads as if target="_top" rather than in the right-hand frame. What's more, it only does this about 70% if the time. All links appear to be equally affected.

I was hoping my recent u/g to 3.6 would fix it, but no.

How can I fix this?

Cheers!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 835rocks
      • Jan 2006

Hi - I did all that and had no luck. Then, following a domain name move, I have now reinstalled my board on a totally different server and still have the same problem. Any omre ideas?

Cheers!

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

This has to be from a customization. Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Pottsy
          • Sep 2006
          • 3.6.x

I have been suffering this problem for ages. Most of the time it works fine, then all of a sudden I lose the frames.

It is not consistent, and I use a style that is almost totally standard. Very odd.

Comment

• Lauriate
            • Aug 2006
            • 3.6.x

I have noticed the same behaviour with IE7, it does not happen in firefox.

From what I remember it happens when you go direct to admincp from a bookmark rather than logging into the forum first and then following the link to the admincp.

Andy

Comment

• iardon
              • Jun 2005
              • 3.8.x

This has happened to me too. Rare, but happens.
              DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...