X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yuka
    • May 2004

Fatal error in class_core.php

Hello,
    I found that my board was down this morning with some error like....Fatal error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets nor overloaded objects in /home/XXX/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1274

I checked line 1274 in the php file,it refers to some registry number ($this->registry->versionnumber =& $this->registry->options['templateversion']; ),which I don't quite understand.
    Anyone suggests what kind of error this might be and how to fix it? Thanks.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

First I recommend reuploading all the default vBulletin non-image files in ASCII mode, overwriting your current files.
    Also, disable plugins globally in your vBulletin options.
    Does this error still occur then?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• yuka
      • May 2004

Uploaded but the error is still there.By the way,how to disable plugins if I can not access the forum admincp? I've never seen this error before....I'm confused now....

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Try commenting out line 1274 and see what happens.

Comment

• yuka
          • May 2004

I tried but there's other error message so I guess we have to leave it there.I even tried to disable plugins by editing the config.php file with
          define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); but it didn't help.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

I believe this may be related to APC. Ask your host to upgrade to the latest version of APC or to disable it.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• yuka
              • May 2004

The support of my host wanted to know what version of APC is required and they will "look into it".By the way,how to find out the APC version of a server? Sorry,I'm not familiar with the term.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

APC is not required for vB. I have no idea how to determine which version is running.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...