Upgrade failed? How long should the upgrade take?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rooshine
    • Sep 2003

Upgrade failed? How long should the upgrade take?

I upgraded (or tried to) tonight from 3.0.x to 3.6. Everything was going fine through all the steps along the way through 3.5.4. I clicked 'next' to do 'Step 2) Large table alterations (2/2)' in the upgrade to the 3.6 beta about a half hour, and it is still going. I understand some of the steps may take a while, but this seems too long and I am beginning to worry that something may have gone wrong.

My board is fairly large with 700,000+ posts. How long can I expect this to take? Have I already past the point where it should have completed this step? If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks.
    Whistle Stopper Political Forums
    Make your opinions known -- politics, religion, culture -- join the discussion
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I don't think a half hour is too long for this step and that size of a forum. It may even go into hours.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rooshine
      • Sep 2003

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

• rooshine
        • Sep 2003

It's now nine and a half hours and counting on this one step. I've read others have experienced similar delays, but not quite this long. Is this still "normal"?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

No, I don't believe so. Do you have a backup of the database? If so, I suggest rerunning that step to see if it goes through.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• rooshine
            • Sep 2003

It appears to be working now. Thanks for the replies.

Comment