Avatars - All avatas are now forced to same size - Don't want it to do that...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quarterbore
    • Mar 2005

Avatars - All avatas are now forced to same size - Don't want it to do that...

Ok, I started with a Fresh install, used Impex to transfer info, and FTPed over my users avatars.... I allow different groups to upload different size avatars (contributors get privlidges).

Anyways, with 3.6 all the avatars are forced to an 80 x 80 size.

I have searched all over for a setting... do I need to go in and edit my templates to remove this?

Oh yea, I do have vbPlaza installed so if the problem is because of that package I humbily hang my head in shame and I will figure out hw I can undo that on my own!

Thanks!

EDIT:

I figured out that these are set inside the usergroup settings... Ooops...

Thanks anyways... I love 3.6!
    Last edited by Quarterbore; Thu 10 Aug '06, 4:29pm.
    vBClassified.com
    TimeshareForums.com
  • pauly_b
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.6.x

Usergroup Manager > Edit Usergroup, then scroll down to 'Picture Uploading Permissions', the options are there for dimensions, max file sizes etc. Per usergroup
    Paul B. Riddick - Entrepreneur & Web Designer

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Sorry I don't understand the question. Please explain.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Quarterbore
        • Mar 2005

Actually, what seems to have happened was I upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.6 Gold by starting the new board and importing the data using impex. When I did this all avatars were resized to 80x80 and stored inside the database.

So, I had two problems...

1. I did need to update the usergroup settings (but images were still 80x80)
        2. I needed to reupload my avatar (and so do 2000 of my members).

But it is working now!
        vBClassified.com
        TimeshareForums.com

Comment

• Slacker
          • Dec 2001
          • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Seems like an arduous way to upgrade. Was your old board hacked up to death or something?
          slackercentral messageboard - Running vBulletin 3.7.0
          Check out my reformatted vBulletin blog here: http://www.slackercentral.com

Comment

• Quarterbore
            • Mar 2005

Yea, I hand coded a lot of changes in several of my files as well as templates. I have been waiting for a big upgrade to warrant starting fresh so this was my chance...

I won't be playing with the code as much this time

Plugins, products, and software outside of the forums if my plan for now on!
            vBClassified.com
            TimeshareForums.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...