• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burgess
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Giving reputations to a post as distinct from a poster

Give Reputation Using AJAX
    Reputation can now be added to a post without leaving the page. When you click the reputation icon on a post, a box will appear and allow you to choose whether you approve or disapprove of the post and provide a reason.
    We don't use the Reputations function for posters.

Can we use it just for posts? I presume that reputations is different from rating?

Brendan
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

Reputation is given to posts, but added to the posters reputationcount.
    I would give your post above reputation, because it was helpful to me for example, and your reputationcount would go up.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Burgess
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

Hi Colin

I still don't get it.

For example, I clicked on the scales icon on your post and was asked to tick "I approve of this post" I gave the following reason "I think this is a good post"

In reality, am I not just giving you a reputation rather than the post. Can I see the reputation and comments on the posts anywhere?

Brendan
      Last edited by Burgess; Sat 12 Aug '06, 12:29am.

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

You can't, but I can see it by clicking on the scales on my own post.
        i've given your post #3 reputation, so have a look and click on the scales image.

You can also see the latest reputations you received in your UserCP.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Arsenik
          • Nov 2001

I guess it would be nice to be able to display how many ppl approve/disapprove a post and make it visible to others (per usergroup setting... and per user setting...). Each post that reputation was given to... would show the total number of reputation given -/+ and total number of user who gave a -/+ to the post in question...

----
          I should have created a new thread: www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195587
          Last edited by Arsenik; Fri 11 Aug '06, 6:55am.

Comment

• Burgess
            • Mar 2005
            • 3.6.x

Thanks Colin

I am trying to see if I should enable the facility and it doesn't seem to have any benefit. It's just a different way for rating posters.

As mods we would like to identify the good posters and the bad posters but we don't want the other posters to see our discussions. Can we use the facility to do this?

Can we limit the awarding of reputation to mods only?
            Can we limit the viewing of reputations to mods only?

By the way, I can see the comment you made on my post, but I see nothing in the User CP

Brendan

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/OWNER/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/OWNER/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...